My lessons on sales+marketing for SAAS founders from multiple ongoing conversations:
- Cash in hand always beats future revenues. Discounting for cash- upfront long-duration deals is the way to go.
- SEO is good-to- have. Thought leadership content, hungry but non-pushy inside sales agents and a well- tuned sales process are necessary & sufficient. Social Selling is even better.
- Growth hacking takes multiple forms. Consider creating self-service easy-to-use products/services that demonstrate your difference without a prospect needing to pay.
- Responding to inbound queries within 3 minutes is a competitive advantage but for outbound, you have to go slow and avoid being a pest.
- What you avoid is as important as what you do. Vanity startup networking is best avoided. Go where your customers hang out