Many SME founders have their worldview limited to Website, SEO, & Email when they think about planning for Marketing. That’s a pity.
Marketing is much more than Digital Marketing. And Digital Marketing is much more than the tactics of SEO, Website, & Email!
When planning for Marketing for our clients – we at LeadStrategus insist on taking the the following sequence of activities:
- Product-Market Fit (Market Research to fill in the gaps)
- Go To Market – basis of Sales, Marketing, & Alliances (Analysis & workshop to plan Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning, Customer Lifecycle Journey, Buyer Personas, Messaging Framework)
- Content Strategy (flowing from GTM – before you think of tactics)
- Selling Strategy (how Marketing supports Sales & vice versa)
- Digital Campaigns (Website, E-mail, Social, SEO,Content Syndication, Digital Ads.)
- Non-digital Campaigns (Events, Tele, Direct Mailers, un-conventional stuff – often an afterthought but vital)
- Review, Measurement, & ROI (you can overdo it by being too granular or measure the wrong vanity metrics – both need to be improved)
Agree? Disagree? Anything else we are missing out? If you are struggling with #MarketingPlanning, do give us a shout!