Do you know what is the biggest timewaster for salespersons? What can you do to overcome it?
Endless prospecting? Nope.
Perhaps it is the excruciating ‘deal closure’ chase or customers who love making you go round-and-round? Try again!
No – it isn’t even updating your CRM! (although this comes close to the biggest)
The biggest contributor towards wasted time is doing sales reviews.
If you are not the sales manager reading this, then unfortunately, there isn’t too much you can do about it!
Now if you are a sales manager reading this – do these 5 things to make the situation better:
1) Pipeline review is NOT a deal review. Demarcate the two as they are different.
2) Use CRM for information gathering, and not for the review.
3) Don’t use group review time for heedless discussions or baseless arguments
4) Actionable ‘deal/prospect’ specific coaching is best delivered 1-1 and not in a group. Keep group talk for non-account specific conversations.
5) Try to do reviews for 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes – never more than an hour.
These 5 simple tips can save you a lot of time!