Ankur Chaudhary asked an awesome question on LinkedIn – How do you go about establishing trust with buyers?
It’s difficult but possible. You need to do three things to reach there:
- First, you get your product-market fit right.
- Second, you build features in your solution that stand out & are difficult to replicate.
- Third, you become an ‘honest thought leader + challenger salesperson focused only on creating real value for your customers’.
- Don’t spam every prospect. Find out the prospect who is most likely to be interested.
- Have a honest-to-goodness talk with them. Your questions make them think. They tell you what’s working & what’s not, their struggles. They know that you understand their pain. They get in the ‘flow state’.
- And now answer the billion dollar question – ‘can you offer real value’ to your customers? Walk off if you can’t. This is the most difficult & critical step. You now turn from a wannabe seller to an HONEST ENCHANTER. Make no mistake – we are talking about lots of work & combining three different personality types to reach here but it can be done. Doesn’t work most of the times but when it happens – it’s a beautiful moment – and what’s more you made a friend for life!